The preparation of the new season begins on June 28th, at the Estádio da Luz.
The future is near and the Benfica’s 2018/19 preseason calendar is already defined. The squad begins the preparation on June 28th, at the Estádio da Luz, where they will work until July 9th, date in which it begins the training camp in Tróia.
After carrying out two friendly matches, against Leeds United (July 10th) and Vitória de Setúbal (July 13th), both at the Estádio do Bonfim, the Eagles’ squad travels to England, to carry out a training camp and continue the preparation at the St. George’s Park.
On July 21st, Benfica begins its participation in the International Champions Cup, facing Sevilla, in Zurich (Switzerland). In the following day, the team flies to the United State of America to play the other two matches in this prestigious preseason competition. The Reds face Borussia Dortmund, in Pittsburgh (July 25th), and Juventus, in New York (28), returning afterward to Lisbon.
2018/19 PRESEASON CALENDAR
- June 28: start of the preseason work, at the Estádio da Luz.
- July 9: start of the training camp in Tróia.
- July 10: friendly match against Leeds United, at the Estádio do Bonfim.
- July 13: friendly match against Vitória de Setúbal, at the Estádio do Bonfim.
- From July 15 to 20: training camp at the St. George’s Park, England.
- July 21: start of the International Champions Cup. Match against Sevilla, in Zurich (Switzerland).
- July 22: trip to the United States.
- July 25: match against Borussia Dortmund (International Champions Cup), in Pittsburg.
- July 28: match against Juventus (International Champions Cup), in New York. Return to Lisbon.